A couple of years ago, I stumbled across Mackenzie Horan’s 101 in 1001 blog post, and it’s been on my mind ever since. To give you a little briefing, the idea behind this is to make a list of 101 things you’d like to accomplish in the next 1001 days (about 2.75 years). Coming up with 101 goals may sound like a lot, but they can range anywhere from small things, like visiting a farmer’s market or celebrating a birthday, to more “big picture” goals, like buying a house or getting married. I think it’s such a wonderful way to bring all of your current life aspirations and to-do lists together in a low-pressure timeframe, and I’m finally motivated enough to put one together myself!
I’ve had so much time on my hands recently, and I haven’t known what to do with it. My hobbies have fallen to the wayside, and instead of moving towards my goals, I feel like I’ve been spending way to much of my time passively (watching Netflix, scrolling through Instagram, etc.). Laying everything that I want to accomplish out in one place gives me something clear that I can work on everyday! So, here are the 101 things I hope to do in the next 1001 days:
Start Date: January 27, 2022 // End Date: October 24, 2024
- Read at least twenty-five books.
- Invest in my Roth IRA.
- Exercise 4 times a week for one month.
- Walk 10,000 steps every day for at least one week.
- Drink 8 cups of water every day for at least one week.
- Create a savings plan and stick to it.
- Go through my closet and donate all of the items I no longer wear.
- Drink less than 200mg of caffeine every day for at least two weeks.
- Learn how to meal prep and prepare one week of meals in one day.
- Vote in a non-presidential election.
- Learn how to correctly process flowers and keep them fresh.
- Pay off my car note in its entirety.
- Find a non-profit that I care about and start regularly donating to it.
- Take vitamins every day for at least one month.
- Be able to deadlift my weight comfortably.
- Be able to do at least ten proper push-ups.
- Pay off my student loans in their entirety.
- Become a first-time homeowner.
- Find a financial advisor and plan for the future.
- Learn how to cook Jacob’s favorite dish – Chicken Paprikash & Dumplings.
- Join the Junior League of the city we settle down in.
- Read for 30 minutes every day for at least one month.
- Clean and reorganize desktop.
- Correct poor posture.
- Take a barre class in-person.
- Volunteer at least twenty hours for a cause (or causes) I believe in.
- Host a formal dinner with a fun tablescape.
- Learn how to properly grow and cultivate fresh herbs.
- Stay up to date on current events every day for at least one month.
- Get married!
- Post all of our wedding events on the blog.
- Post all of our honeymoon photos on the blog.
- Have our wedding featured in a magazine or online publication.
- Move in with Jacob for the first time!
- Change my last name and update all of my official documents and accounts.
- Send all of our wedding thank you notes.
- Order a wedding album.
- Preserve my wedding dress.
- Choose a natural family planning method and learn how to use it.
- Go on a date once a week for at least a year.
- Celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary.
- Send out Christmas cards each year.
- Cook at least five new dishes together.
- Play mini golf together.
- Get a puppy and train him together.
- Play pickleball together.
- Celebrate our two-year wedding anniversary.
- Start a family with Jacob!
- Frame and hang some of our engagement photos.
- Frame and hang some of our wedding photos.
- Frame and hang some of our honeymoon photos.
- Create a vision board for our first apartment design.
- Bless our home.
- Hang a crucifix in every room.
- Refinish my desk and file cabinet.
- Decorate and organize my home office and post on the blog.
- Photograph at least three rooms in our first home for the blog.
- Graduate from Notre Dame!
- Take graduation photos with friends.
- Visit the South Bend farmer’s market.
- Take a weekend trip to Lake Michigan.
- Go coffee shop hopping in South Bend.
- Road trip from Indiana to Mackinac Island in Michigan.
- Go apple picking.
- Visit a pumpkin patch.
- Go sledding.
- Visit the Carmel farmer’s market.
- Try at least ten new-to-me restaurants.
- Find a Catholic Church we like.
- Find a doctor, dentist, and dermatologist I like.
- Go to the Indy 500 at least once.
- Publish an Indianapolis travel guide on my blog.
- Attend an event at The Palladium at the Center for Performing Arts in Carmel.
- Visit Charleston, South Carolina for the first time.
- Go to the Kentucky Derby.
- Visit Seaside, Florida with Jacob.
- Take a trip with mom.
- Go back to New Orleans.
- Visit Houston at least once each year.
- Make a list of “places to travel together” with Jacob.
- Go on a romantic weekend getaway.
- Start a new series on my blog.
- Post at least once per week for six months.
- Create a media kit.
- Work with one of my favorite brands.
- Develop a Pinterest strategy to increase page views.
- Make a few blogging friends in my city.
- Perform an SEO overhaul on my blog.
Professional / Career:
- Close my first commercial real estate deal.
- Take professional headshots.
- Update my LinkedIn to reflect most my recent experiences and current job responsibilities.
- Make six figures in a single calendar year.
- Be a mentor for at least one Notre Dame FIRE student.
Just for Fun:
- Unplug from all technology for one day (no phone, internet, tv).
- Send flowers to someone out of the blue.
- Mail ten snail mail letters to friends and family.
- Play a round of golf with my brother.
- Go wine tasting.
- Learn how to needlepoint.
- Go horseback riding in the Texas Hill Country.
- Inspire someone to make a 101 in 1001 list.
I’m so looking forward to start making progress towards my goals and checking things off of this list! If you feel inspired to write your own, let me know below – I’d love to see it!